The Director of Operations provides leadership, direction, and strategic insight to the organization with the objective of maximizing productivity, efficiency and customer service. Position also has day-to-day leadership and management activities which support the organization’s mission, goals, and values. This role is considered a key position based on its impact to the organization’s success and the ability to model the behaviors necessary to make a positive impact organization-wide.
Directly supervises up to five employees, indirectly supervises approximately 100 employees. Performs supervisory responsibilities by managing and allocating employee resources in accordance with company policies, applicable laws and company initiatives/goals. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training and developing employees; planning, assigning, and directing work (including scheduling); appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Acts as a change agent and develops a high-performing team in the spirit of exceptional service to all internal and external partners.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and 6-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to do up to 25% travel, as required.
* Knowledge of Workers’ Compensation, Medicaid and Medicare Industries are highly preferred.
* Knowledge of health care terminology and reimbursement strategies is highly preferred.
* Expertise and proven experience in executing procedures, quality assurance and general work flow processes is required.
* Proven leadership abilities and exceptional interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills is required.
* Excellent organizational and planning skills are required.
* Ability to achieve positive and successful results in a fast paced changing environment is required.
* Must possess the ability to query and analyze data through various software tools
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
Duties are performed primarily in an office setting. Travel to attend meetings and visit locations throughout the country may be required. Operate computer and standard office equipment such as telephone, copier, and printer. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
*** Job descriptions will be reviewed and are subject to changes of business necessity. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.